Thursday, December 26, 2013

Day 5- Mamasita, donda esta Santa Claus?

I set my phone alarm, but left it on Airplane Mode so it didn't try to get to the cell tower and roam. It didn't wake me up super-early, sadly. Alvaro and Molly got up around 6 am to Skype with his family in Juarez at their midnight and open presents with them. Molly went back to bed, and Alvaro fell asleep on the couch. I woke up around 10, and we made a delicious breakfast with a cake/bread for French toast and marsconi whipped cream and raspberries. Nom nom nom nom!!!

Then, we opened Christmas presents- Molly has paid for us to go to Venice and Florence as day trips! That was my big present from her! After this, we made a hummingbird cake for the Consulate Christmas party later tonight. It was messy, but fun! I checked my facebook and found out my friend Becca in Phoenix got engaged! Congratulations Becca and Tyler!!

We called and talked to Momma and Daddy later, and I told them all about our Christmas Day so far. It was good to hear from them, and they filled me in on their Christmas Eve at cousin Chuck's house. Momma definitely had a good time :) And luckily, everybody got along! Good to hear!

After watching some Family Guy, I wrapped the White Elephant gifts for tonight’s party at Steve and Julie's, Molly's coworkers at the Consulate's office. We got ready for the Christmas party, (unfortunately, I didn't take pictures). The people in attendance were several of the other consulate officers, their kids, and the brave Marines who guard the offices.


At the party, Steve and Julie were watching a dachshund breed named Nino, who was blind, but pretty happy and adept. Sweet doggy! So much fun to pet him, and I really feel that pets are so important for making a house feel like a home, no matter where you are! And yes, Manny and Mo were missed! I got to see Steve and Julie's apartment, it was amazing. It's great family lodging, really beautiful and really comfortable. I felt right at home!

After drinks and Christmas dinner, we ate the desserts, and our hummingbird cake was a hit! We then played Dirty Santa with White Elephant gifts, and it got really intense! Nino got a little shaky from all the laughing and noise (poor thing!).  I got a present of candy, nuts, lever 2000, a finance book from 2008, a scarf, and a copy of Captain America: the First Avenger! Yea! 

The Marines took the last of the hummingbird cake home to the Marine's House, they definitely deserve to be treated well for all their responsibilities. They do a great job.

We caught a right home with Monsef and Candace and jammed in the car to the Gorillaz’s Feel Good Inc! I went to bed early so we could get up early for the Venice trip, leaving the apartment at 7 am! Sorry about the lack of pictures, we took a BUNCH at Venice! I can't wait to tell you all about Venice tomorrow! Sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment