Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Day 3 - On My Own

Today was my first real day on my own. For the most part.

I woke up and Molly asked me toc ome down to the Consulate's office for lunch. I hadn't been to visit her and Alvaro at their office, yet. Today, I didn't get to go in, though. I waited out by the fountain to wait on them to come out. We went to a cafeteria-style restaurant, and I felt like I was back in school! I had a combo of fish, gnocci, and green beans, which I couldn't finish.
After this, we went to Bianco Latte for dessert. My sister introduced me to cappuccino over gelato. Are you kidding me!? It was delicious! If I could eat it every day, I probably would! I want to bring it to Nashville on a food truck, it was so wonderful! The gelato basically cools down the cappuccino, but the milk in it creams the cappuccino, so it tastes fantastic. I had a white chocolate gelato with cappuccino, and it was perfect.


Nom nom nom.... new addiction!
I went home to put on some heavier layers of clothes, and I ended up taking a nap. I crashed until about 2, and then I got up and went to see the park. There was a small stadium from the 1940s, and it was kind of cool. It's now for like, kid's leagues games. I was told there was a castle in this park, and I was looking around, and I thought I found it. I thought, "This castle sorta sucks." I took a picture, and then I found out that it was actually the aquarium. 

Man, this castle kinda sucks.




Then, I turned around and saw the castle! I was looking at the acquarium!
OH! THIS is the castle! Whoa...
No, I didn't go inside, and but I think I got a few good pictures. I turned around and saw the arch:
Beautiful arch!

Yes, it was really cool. I took a lot of pictures just to get the scope of it.
Pretty tall... very ornate!

I walked home, relying on the map, but got there just fine. I met Molly and her coworkers at Ted One, and it was a fun time. After that, we had a quiet time and had dinner and watched Firefly at Molly and Alvaro's house before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment